Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome to Powered By Nostalgia

Hello there. My name is Nick Long, and I like writing about those darn video games all the kids are raving about these days. Since I can’t keep up with the news and reviews like the major game sites can, I’ll be focusing on more feature based content. If you’re one of the three people that read my old blog, you may see some familiar content, but I’ve since spruced up some old features, so there will still be something new for you to see.  I’m aiming to update the blog three times a week, so here’s what you’ll find if you come back every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:



Making Mondays More Bearable: A different four part series every month, focusing on anything from old school games to modern gaming trends. This month, I’ll be coming at you with some 16-bit grudge matches.


Rotating Wednesday Feature: This will be a random feature (usually a list article) about any topic I can come up with. List articles have fallen out of favor a bit lately, but I still find them fun to read and write since they expose people to games they may have otherwise never heard of.


Audio Log Fridays: I’ll be spreading my love of game music to anyone who’d like to hear the bleep bloops of the 80s and 90s or the sweeping orchestras of more recent years whether they’re in good or bad games.

Also, I'll sporadically post news stories that I find particularly interesting and give my two cents on why I think it's important.

So, why did I call the blog called “Powered By Nostalgia”? I picked the name because there are so many different eras of gaming that transport me to a different time and place in my life. I take trips down memory lane to when I was about 4 playing Mario for the first time or to high school when I was conquering Devil May Cry 3. I love games from all eras, and I like talking about them too. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment